CLEVELAND – This spring, Cleveland will once again be home to super heros and film crews. But transforming Cleveland into a movie set for Marvel Studio’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier will require road closures and alternate routes for motorists and pedestrians from May 18 through June 28, 2013 (weather permitting).
City staff, including the Division of Traffic & Engineering and the Public Safety Department, has been working with the production company, traffic-engineering consultant American Roadway Logistics and GCRTA to develop a plan to accommodate the needs of the film and help keep traffic moving throughout the city.
- Cleveland Police and Traffic Controllers will staff key locations to monitor and assist with traffic flow.
- Primary among the road closures will be Cleveland’s West Shoreway, which will be closed (east and west bound) from Lake Avenue to E. 9th Street from May 29 through June 14. Edgewater Park and the marinas north of the Shoreway will be accessed via West 49th St.
- Other street closures will occur in Downtown Cleveland, primarily between May 18 and June 14. Additional closures may occur between June 14and June 28th.
- Updates will be provided on a regular basis through additional traffic advisories, press releases and social media. Follow on Twitter via #CLECaptTraffic.
- The following chart details the dates and locations of the planned closures, as well as alternate routes and additional information as needed. This listing is subject to change.
- Various road closures may affect RTA customers. Please visit www.riderta.com or to call the RTAnswerline at 216.621.9500 for all the details.
- For questions concerning the film Captain America, please contact the film’s publicist, John Pisani, at 310-727-2400 or email email@example.com.
Details of street closures for cars and pedestrians
|E. 3rd Street Between Superior Ave and E. Roadway
|May 17 – May 25||Rockwell Ave.||Local access only allowed on E. 3rd street at this time.|
|Rockwell Ave.Between E. 9th St. and West Mall Drive||May 18 – May 26||Superior Ave.||A lane will be maintained for parking garage access between E. 9th & E. 6th Streets.|
|E. 6th St.Between Superior Ave. and St. Clair Ave.||May 18 – May 26||E. 9th St.||E. 6th St at Theresa Ct.: ABM Lot closed from May 18 – May 23|
|E. 6th St.Between Superior Ave. and Euclid Ave.||May 20||Intermittent traffic control||A lane will be maintained for access to the 515 Euclid garage. Garages Vincent Ave. have access via E. 9th St.|
|E. 6th St.Between St. Clair Ave. and Lakeside Ave.||May 23||E. 9th St.||Access to parking garages will be maintained.|
|Lakeside Ave.Between E. 9th St. and East Mall Drive||May 23||Intermittent traffic control||Access to parking garages will be maintained.|
|Euclid Ave.Between E.6th and E.18th St||May 24 – 25||Superior Ave.||Buses will be re-routed to Prospect.|
|E. 9th St.Between Chester Ave. and Bolivar Ave.||May 24 – 25||E. 18th St.|
|Prospect AveBetween Ontario and E. 18th St.
|May 24 – 25||Open for car traffic||No parking on this street to allow for the rerouting of buses from Euclid Avenue.|
|Prospect Ave.Between E. 2nd St. and E. 17th St.||May 26||Superior Ave.||Access to the Horseshoe Casino Parking Garage will be maintained.|
|Huron Rd.Between Ontario Ave. and Prospect Ave.||May 26||Carnegie Ave.|
|Bolivar Rd.At Prospect Ave||May 26||Carnegie Ave.||Access to Gateway East Garage will be maintained.|
|Prospect Ave.Between E.4th St. and Bolivar Ave.||May 28 – June 1||Carnegie Ave.||Access to parking garages will be maintained.|
|E. 9th St.Between Chester Ave. and Bolivar Ave.||May 28 – June 1||Carnegie Ave.||Access to parking garages will be maintained.|
|Huron Rd.Between Ontario Ave. and Prospect Ave.||May 28 – June 1||Carnegie Ave.||Access to parking garages will be maintained.|
|West ShorewayBetween Lake Ave. and E. 9th St.||May 29 – June 14||Detroit Ave.||Edgewater Park and the marinas north of the Shoreway will be accessed via West 49th St.|
|W.3rd St.Between Alfred Lerner Way and St. Clair Ave.||May 30 – June 14||E. 9th St.||Access to Huntington Garage will be maintained off of Lakeside Ave.|
|Lakeside Ave.Between W. 6th St. and Ontario Ave.
|May 30 – June 14||Intermittent traffic control|
|Prospect Ave.Between W. 6th and Ontario Ave.||June 13||Intermittent traffic control||Parking garage access will be maintained.|