**Stay updated on all movie filming traffic delays on twitter using the hashtag #CLECaptTraffic
CLEVELAND – From May 29 through June 14, 2013, access to the West Shoreway will be limited to allow for the filming of Marvel Studio’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier. While motorists will not be able to travel the length of the West Shoreway from Lake Avenue to E. 9th Street, access to Edgewater Park and points north of the Shoreway will be maintained between W. 49th Street and the westbound Edgewater Park exit during most of the filming period.
The film is the second Marvel/Disney-production to shoot in the city, following in the footsteps of the 2011 production of The Avengers, the largest feature film to ever shoot in Ohio. Like the “The Avengers,” Captain America: The Winter Soldier will employ hundreds of Ohio-based cast and crew, and use local service and supply vendors.
- The West Shoreway eastbound will be closed at Lake Avenue/Clifton Boulevard.
- The West Shoreway westbound will be closed at E. 9th Street.
- A traffic zone will be set up in the westbound lanes of the Shoreway, allowing traffic to travel both east and west between W. 49th Street and Edgewater Park.
- Motorists will enter the Shoreway via the on-ramp at W. 49th Street and travel west to the Edgewater Park exit.
- Traffic exiting Edgewater Park will head east on the Shoreway and travel to the West 49th Street ramp, exiting with police assistance.
- During filming, there may be intermittent traffic control at these access points, restricting entrance to the Shoreway.
- Lakefront businesses, utilities, and points of interest, including the marinas, Wendy Park, Whiskey Island and Edgewater Park will be accessible from the Edgewater Park exit.
- Motorists are encouraged to allow extra travel time while these temporary road closures are in place.
Please see the map below, showing the limited access to the West Shoreway and points north.