Beginning Friday, May 31 and continuing through Friday, June 14, the West Shoreway will be closed in both directions from Lake Avenue to East 9th Street in order to accommodate the filming of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. During this time:
- The West Shoreway will remain closed on all weeknights and weekends.
- Edgewater Park and the marinas north of the Shoreway will be accessible via the West 49 Street on ramp to the West Shoreway, exiting at Edgewater Park. There may be intermittent delays and brief closures of these access points during filming. Traffic controllers on scene will assist with traffic flow.
- Those who travel on the Shoreway from the Eastside of the City into downtown will still be able to utilize the East 9th Street exit ramp.
The City of Cleveland has taken extra steps to alleviate traffic congestion during rush hour while the West Shoreway is closed:
- From May 31 – June 14, there will be NO parking permitted on Detroit Ave between West Boulevard and West 25. This parking ban will be in effect Monday through Friday 6:00 A.M. – 9:30 A.M. and 3:30 P.M. – 6:30 P.M.
- To further help alleviate traffic on Detroit, traffic lights will be adjusted accordingly and traffic control officers will be stationed to expedite traffic flow.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time. Cleveland’s efforts to attract film production helps the local economy. Area residents are put to work as cast and crew members. Local companies receive contracts for goods and services. And, area hotels, restaurants and entertainment venues see additional business. We do recognize that this growing economic sector does cause some inconvenience in the short term; but we believe the long term impact will benefit the City, residents, commuters, visitors, and tourists. Thanks again for your patience.