The Cuyahoga County Department of Public Works announces repairs and resurfacing for East 9th Street. Weather permitting, road work on E. 9th Street from Euclid Avenue to North Marginal Road will commence on Saturday, August 3, 2013. The contractor will be milling the existing pavement and then follow up with any needed repairs. During this time the majority of the existing lanes will be open to traffic. Please be advised that since traffic will be riding on the milled surface, there will be castings, such as manholes protruding. Although these castings will be ramped, please use caution.
As work progresses, please be patient when dealing with the inconveniences of construction. The Department of Public Works urges patience and caution when traveling within this construction zone. Motorists are encouraged to ride RTA or carpool through OhioRideshare during these restrictions.
Work will continue on the section of East 9th Street from Carnegie Avenue to Prospect Avenue beginning on August 12th
• The contractor will be adjusting castings (manholes, catch basins, ect.).
• Traffic will be maintained and will be directed around the areas of the
castings adjustments with barrels/and or police officers.
• During the paving operation, please be aware that there will be numerous
vehicles entering and exiting the work zones.
• Motorists are encouraged to ride RTA. Please visit http://www.riderta.com or
carpool through OhioRideshare during these restrictions.
• The Department of Public Works urges patience and caution when traveling
within this construction zone.
• For more information questions or concerns, please contact the Public
Information Department, Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at
(216) 348-3824. For construction updates please check our website at
http://www.publicworks.cuyahogacounty.us and signup for project updates through