URGENT Snow Plan Update 1:15 PM
Tandem plowing in effect to ease afternoon commute
***Please note: staggered dismissal information was inaccurate**
CLEVELAND – The City is increasing snow removal efforts on key commuter routes this afternoon and encourages motorists to limit travel to allow the plows to do their job. 51 plows and 9 graders are working the main streets.
Afternoon Snow and Traffic Plan for Key Commuter Routes:
- Assist with clearing and salting of highway on-ramps
- Prioritize key routes, including: E. 9th Street, Ontario, Carnegie, Chester, Superior and W. 25th
- Use of tandem plowing with police escorts in the downtown area
Important notices for drivers:
- Heed the parking ban: If you are parked on a signed snow emergency street you will be ticketed and towed. The parking ban is necessary to allow snow plows ample room to clear the streets effectively and efficiently. If you are parked on a snow emergency street, please move your car immediately.
- Don’t Block the Box: Ensure you can move all the way through an intersection before the traffic signal changes. Stopping in the middle of an intersection prohibits oncoming vehicles from passing through that intersection and can result in grid lock.
***Information was prematurely released regarding a proposed staggered dismissal strategy. Please disregard any previous reports of staggered dismissal and remove it from websites, social media notices. We apologize for the confusion and appreciate your assistance. If you have any questions, please contact Maureen Harper, Chief of Communications at 216-664-4011.