The City of Cleveland is taking necessary precautions to address anticipated snowfall over the weekend. The Division of Public Works will begin actively treating the roads throughout the weekend and will be at a full staffing level of at least 40 pieces of snow removal equipment from Saturday afternoon through Sunday morning. At that time, the Division of Streets will determine the appropriate course of action depending on snow accumulation.
The City of Cleveland always encourages residents to:
- Park off-street on all city streets to give snow plows room to plow curb-to-curb.
- Stay off the streets as much as possible for their own personal safety and to allow snow plows greater access to the city’s roadways.
- If you must travel, use caution, allow extra time, and remember not to “block the box” at intersections.
- Visit ready.gov for more information on how to make an emergency plan and supply kit.
- Pay attention to local news for weather advisories and visit http://www.city.cleveland.oh.us/ and clecityhall.com for up-to-date information from the City of Cleveland.