The City of Cleveland’s snow removal fleet was deployed this morning with 45 crews to plow City streets. Large amounts of continuous snowfall are anticipated, and winds are forecasted to reach maximum speeds of up to 35 mph. During weather events like this, the focus is on snow removal efforts and plowing main thoroughfares. Snow removal crews will continue to plow streets throughout the night and into tomorrow morning.
Safety First – Take it Slow in Ice and Snow. The City currently has 14,000 tons of salt available to treat roads. Bridges and hills will be salted as needed. Motor vehicle maintenance crews will be available around the clock to service the snow removal fleet. The City will monitor the weather and the impact on our roads throughout the day and issue updates regarding progress and instructions for residents and staff, if necessary.
- Take it Slow in Ice and Snow. Allow additional time for traveling.
- The City encourages residents to park off street wherever possible, to allow plows room to clear the street curb-to-curb.
- Please do not to “block the box” at intersections.
- Never touch, move or go near any downed or hanging power lines. The first action should be to call 9-1-1 or your local utility. Cleveland Public Power’s Trouble Line can be reached by calling 216-664-3156.
- Pay attention to local news for weather advisories and visit http://www.city.cleveland.oh.us/ and clecityhall.com for up-to-date information.