Please Note: The Cleveland Division of Police Traffic Unit is currently closing down The Memorial Shoreway from West 28th to Lake Avenue. This closure is for both East and West bound traffic. The closure is due to multiple accidents and extremely hazardous road conditions. Drivers are advised to seek alternative routes and use extreme caution on city streets and roads. The Shoreway will be closed until further notice.
As the snow continues to fall, 45 crews will focus efforts on plowing and salting main roads throughout the City of Cleveland. Traffic Control is reporting hazardous conditions and low visibility on City roads and highways. Given the expected forecast of additional snowfall, motorists are encouraged to limit travel as much as possible for personal safety and to allow plows greater access to the roads.
Bridges and hills will be salted as needed and motor vehicle maintenance crews will be available around the clock to service the snow removal fleet. REMEMBER – Take it Slow in Ice and Snow. Allow additional time for traveling.
The Division of Streets and Police will have Police Officers and Traffic Controllers posted at the intersections listed below to help alleviate traffic concerns for this evening’s rush hour. In addition, five to seven roving police patrols will be covering the freeways to assist as needed.
- East 9th Street & Carnegie Avenue
- East 9th Street & Bolivar Road
- Along Euclid Avenue
- Chester Avenue & Vincent Avenue
- Ontario Street & Carnegie Avenue
- Ontario Street & Eagle Avenue
- Ontario Street & Huron Road
- Ontario Street & Prospect Avenue
- Ontario Street & S. Roadway
- The City encourages residents to park off street wherever possible, to allow plows room to clear the street curb-to-curb and please do not to “block the box” at intersections.
- Never touch, move or go near any downed or hanging power lines. The first action should be to call 9-1-1 or your local utility. Cleveland Public Power’s Trouble Line can be reached by calling 216-664-3156.
- Pay attention to local news for weather advisories and get up-to-date information from http://www.city.cleveland.oh.us/ and clecityhall.com