The Department of Public Works reports that the current conditions of roads in the city are in “fair to poor” condition. 29 snow plows are currently servicing the city’s main thoroughfares. At approximately 3:00 pm, the city’s snow removal efforts will begin transitioning into residential neighborhoods with a crew of 24 snow plows.
A third shift of snow removal trucks has been approved and will service residential streets beginning at approximately 10:00 pm tonight. If accumulation continues throughout the day, the city’s snow removal efforts will shift back towards the main thoroughfares.
Currently, the city has 17,000 tons of salt available. Tonight the city will be resupplied with an additional 1,400 to 1,500 tons of salt.
The City of Cleveland encourages residents to:
- Please park off-street whenever possible. This allows plows to have curb-to-curb access and clear streets of snow more effectively.
- Stay off the streets as much as possible for their own personal safety and to allow snow plows greater access to the city’s roadways.
- If you must travel, use caution and remember not to “block the box” at intersections.
- Plan ahead for the morning commute and allow extra travel time.
- Pay attention to local news for weather advisories and visit http://www.city.cleveland.oh.us/ and clecityhall.com for additional information from the City of Cleveland.