The City of Cleveland has been conducting snow removal operations overnight and will continue to throughout the day. Currently, the Department of Public Works has 38 pieces of snow removal equipment in city streets with a focus on servicing mains and secondary-mains during snowfall. At approximately 4:00 pm, the Department will increase its fleet size to 60 pieces of equipment. At midnight, the fleet will contract to 40 pieces of equipment to service thoroughfares for the Monday morning commute. The goal of the Department of Public Works is to service all city streets within 48 hours after snowfall ceases.
Note: An emergency snow parking ban will go into effect at 12:00 pm (noon) today for the city of Cleveland.
Key points to remember:
- A parking ban is in effect. As a result, stopping, standing, and parking of vehicles will be restricted and prohibited on city streets with posted red and white signs UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- The City of Cleveland is requesting voluntary compliance from residents who park on streets that are not included in the ban. Parking off street, whenever possible, helps ensure that plows can service the entire width of the street – curb-to-curb.
- Bridges and hills will be salted as needed.
- If you must travel, use caution, allow extra time, and remember not to “block the box” at intersections.
- If you live with or near an elderly person, regularly check on these vulnerable citizens to ensure that they are warm, fed, and safe.
For more information and a list of cold weather tips, click here.