The selection panel for the Cleveland Community Police Commission will hold a public meeting at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, July 20, at Cuyahoga Community College’s Advanced Technology Training Center, 3409 Woodland Avenue. Parking is available on-site.
At the meeting, the panel will present the application and process by which it will recommend for appointment ten individuals who are interested in serving on the inaugural Community Police Commission. The persons recommended by the selection panel shall be appointed as provided in the City’s Charter. Members of the community will have an opportunity to hear from the selection panel and ask questions about the application process.
The panel was appointed last week by the City of Cleveland and the U.S. Attorney’s Office. Members of the selection panel include:
- Eugenia Cash, Chair, Alcohol Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board of Cuyahoga County
- Gabriella Celeste, Director, Case Western Reserve University Schubert Center for Child Studies
- Dr. Jawanza Colvin, Pastor, Olivet Institutional Baptist Church
- Colleen M. Cotter Esq., Executive Director, Legal Aid Society, Co-Chair
- Anita Gray, Regional Director, Anti-Defamation League
- Phyllis Seven Harris, Executive Director, LGBT Center of Greater Cleveland
- Alex Johnson, President, Cuyahoga Community College, Co-chair
- Ronald B. Richard, President/CEO, The Cleveland Foundation
- Victor A. Ruiz, Executive Director, Esperanza Inc.
- Timothy L. Tramble, Executive Director, Burten, Bell, Carr Development Corporation