The City of Cleveland recognizes a need to allow visitors to have a safe place to stay overnight during the Republican National Convention. The City of Cleveland will allow visitors to use Kirtland Park, overnight, for the duration of the Republican National Convention.
Overnight stay will be permitted at Kirtland Park on the south-west corner of East 49th Street and South Marginal Road commencing at 8:00 p.m. on Monday, July 18, 2016 and extending until 9:00 a.m. on Friday, July 22, 2016.
The park will be available for any person to stay during the hours of 9:00 pm to 9:00 am during the Convention Period on a first-come, first-served basis.
Below is a list restrictions that will be in place for park use:
- (1) No person or group shall unreasonably disturb or interfere with any other person or group occupying an area of Kirtland Park.
- (2) No person shall distribute materials for private pecuniary gain.
- (3) No person shall possess, use or distribute intoxicating liquor, illegal drugs or controlled dangerous substances.
- (4) Outdoor grilling, use of propane tanks, and fires of any kind are strictly prohibited.
- (5) No person shall damage, mark, deface or cause any injury to any existing trees, plants, monuments, art or objects.
- (6) No person shall attach any swing or hammock to the trees and fences.
- (7) No person shall deposit, leave, or spill refuse or other substances other than in receptacles provided for this purpose.
- (8) No person shall attach or post any notice, sign, or any other objects on City property.
- (9) Solicitation of any business, trade or occupation is strictly prohibited.
- (10) No person shall operate a vehicle while off designated roads or streets.
- (11) No person shall fly any drones, model aircraft, rockets or other unmanned aircraft systems.
- (12) No person shall possess and or discharge any fireworks or other explosive pyrotechnics.
- (13) No person may cut or saw any live or dead trees or their parts, with any type of equipment, or remove any live or dead trees.
- (14) No person may park a vehicle: A. In front of a driveway; B. Within an intersection; C. Any place an official sign prohibits, or regulates, stopping, standing, parking, or the manner of parking in general; D. On the traveled portion of a roadway or public driveway; E. So as to obstruct another vehicle or traffic; F. So as to injure any tree, shrub, plant, or vegetation; G. In a fire lane; H. Within fifteen (15) feet of a fire hydrant; or I. In parking spaces which are designated for use only by persons with disabilities unless such vehicles display a special registration plate, a removable windshield placard, or a temporary removable windshield placard allowing such parking.
- (15) Any vehicle parked in violation of these Regulations may be removed and/or impounded by the City at the owner’s expense.
- (16) No person shall urinate or defecate except in the places officially provided for this use.
- (17) The use of Sound Amplification Equipment is prohibited.
For more information, contact the Department of Public Works at 216.664.2485