In anticipation of the large number of visitors attending the Republican National Convention, the City of Cleveland asked Case Western Reserve University and Cleveland Marshall School of Law to prepare short video clips for social media. The videos are intended to quickly inform the public of their first amendment rights and Ohio law in an effort to minimize misunderstanding and potential conflict. The videos are accessible by the link below and a QR code that can be easily scanned.
The videos cover the following topics:
- What are your rights to protest during the RNC
- Can you record police officers doing their job
- Are you permitted to carry a concealed weapon in Ohio
- Is Ohio an Open Carry State
- What to do if you have an encounter with the police
- What to do if you are arrested
Thank you to the deans of both law schools and the professors who gave generously of their time to create these videos.
Videos in the QR Code or watch Know Your Rights