Cleveland residents are invited to join Mayor Frank G. Jackson tonight for the 33rd annual “Mayor’s Night Out Against Crime.” This event is an opportunity for Clevelanders to join the fight to strengthen their communities.
“Mayor’s Night Out Against Crime” events will occur in each of the city’s five police districts with the main event taking place at Humphrey Park, 207 East 161st Street from 5:00 – 8:30 p.m. in the Collinwood neighborhood.
Highlighting this year’s “Mayor’s Night Out Against Crime” event will be an exhibition baseball game played between officers from the Cleveland Division of Police and the Big F All-stars from the City of Cleveland’s youth baseball league. Other activities include finger printing for youth, face painting, and the Cleveland Museum of Art’s mobile unit “Studio Go.”
Neighborhood District event hours are listed below for each of the locations and will feature police and public safety vehicles, free health screenings, refreshments and activities for the entire family!
The “Mayor’s Night Out Against Crime” is part of the National Night Out, a nationwide annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, better places to live.
Additional Neighborhood Event Locations:
- 1st District – McGowan Park, West 124th Street & McGowan Avenue (5:30 – 8:00 p.m.)
- 2nd District – Steelyard Commons, I-71/Jennings Freeway (5:00 – 9:00 p.m.)
- 3rd District – Arbor Park Village, 3750 Fleming Avenue (6:00 – 8:00 p.m.)
- 4th District – Life Skills (Parking lot), 12201 Larchmere Boulevard (5:30 – 8:30 p.m.)
- 4th District – Fullerton Block Club, East 65th Street & Fullerton Avenue (5:00 – 8:00 p.m.)
- 5th District – Humphrey Park, 207 East 161st Street (5:00 – 8:30 p.m.) *Main Event*
The “Mayor’s Night Out Against Crime” events are sponsored by Cleveland Public Power (CPP), City of Cleveland Community Relations Board, Cleveland Airport System and Cleveland Water. For more information, please call 216-664-3290.