The National Weather Service is calling for a Wintry Mix beginning at 7 p.m. this evening and heading into tomorrow afternoon. The precipitation will begin as snow, and then mix with sleet and freezing rain. Some icing is expected. The City of Cleveland will continue to monitor these conditions.
The Department of Public Works is working to clear residential streets. There are currently 44 crews working in residential areas and there will be 44 crews working through third shift. Depending on the accumulation of snow and ice tonight, those crews may need to move out of residential areas to service the mains and secondary streets.
The Snow Emergency Parking Ban was lifted today 11:00 a.m. However, motorists are still encouraged to avoid parking vehicles on City streets to allow snow plows sufficient time to remove snow and ice from the roadways.
Recreation Centers are open until 8 p.m.this evening.
The City of Cleveland encourages residents to:
- Continue to park off-street whenever possible. This allows plows to have curb-to-curb access and clear streets of snow more effectively.
- If you must travel, use caution.
- Take it slow in ice and snow. Watch your step.
- Pay attention to local news for weather advisories.
- Stay indoors. If you must go out, dress warm and in layers.
- Bring your pets inside – it’s the law.
- Check on your neighbors and friends, especially the elderly and those with small children.