Beginning March 6, 2017, a new traffic pattern will be implemented along East 152nd Street between Woodworth Avenue and Waterloo Road as a part of the ongoing road improvements and upgrades. Traffic will be moved to the east side of the roadway and two-way traffic will be maintained. We ask that motorists remain alert for lane shifts. Barrels will be used to indicate the direction of traffic. The direction change will remain in place until August 2017.
East 152nd Street Improvement Project:
This project extends along a 1.60 mile section of East 152nd Street from Woodworth Avenue to Waterloo Road. The improvements include asphalt milling, pavement base repair, asphalt resurfacing, installation of Americans with Disabilities Act compliant ramps, curb and sidewalk replacement as needed, water main installation, and new pavement markings. The construction cost is $5.6 million and is scheduled for completion in December 2017.
Questions can be directed to the City of Cleveland Chief Inspector, Traci Hartnett-Mercado at 216-244-5636.
The City of Cleveland and the Cleveland Division of Police held a ceremony this week to honor the 14 police officers who were promoted to the positions of captain, lieutenant and sergeant.
Mayor Frank G. Jackson, Police Chief Calvin D. Williams, Safety Director Michael McGrath and City Councilman Matt Zone were all on hand to congratulate the officers and thank them for their service.
The officers promoted include:
- Officer Renee Kane was promoted to captain
- Officer Johnny Hamm was promoted to lieutenant
- Officer Patrick Petranek was promoted to lieutenant
- Officer Mark Pesta was promoted to sergeant
- Officer Michael Keane was promoted to sergeant
- Officer Jose Torres was promoted to sergeant
- Officer Terrance Smith was promoted to sergeant
- Officer Kyle Freeman was promoted to sergeant
- Officer Ronald Weber was promoted to sergeant
- Officer Steven Zeisel was promoted to sergeant
- Officer Jarod Schlacht was promoted to sergeant
- Officer Michael Schwebs was promoted is to sergeant
- Officer Kimberly Davis-Gill was promoted to sergeant
- Officer Michael Urbania was promoted to sergeant
For more information on the City of Cleveland and the Cleveland Division of Police, visit online at www.city.cleveland.oh.us.