The City of Cleveland is executing snow removal operations ahead of the expected severe weather.
Chief of Operations Darnell Brown and Director of Public Works Michael Cox provided updates on the following operations:
- The City has 60 available trucks and more than 29,000 tons of salt.
- The first shift currently has 38 trucks ready to deploy to city streets, all of which are loaded with salt.
- Two trucks are pre-treating hills, and will then move to bridges.
- The second shift (3 p.m.) will have 24 trucks on the road, but will add additional trucks as needed.
- At 11 p.m. the City will have 44 trucks deployed on city streets throughout the evening.
No emergency parking ban in effect.