5 May 2017
Prepared and distributed monthly to Veterans and supporters of those who served
- USS COD Submarine Memorial: opens for daily public tours May 1, 2017 10 AM – 5 PM
- Fallen Comrade Ceremony
A ‘Fallen Comrade Ceremony’ will be held Sunday, May 7, 2017 at the Trinity United Methodist Church at 1581 Cambridge Blvd., Columbus 2-3:30 PM
This special Fallen Comrade Ceremony honors living warriors and the resulting “soul injuries” that occurred from their military service and/or combat experiences. We thank them for their service and offer a safe place to remember those lost. Family members affected by their loved ones’ service are provided a safe place to remember. Caregivers and other civilians have the opportunity to show support.
Military currently serving, veterans, families and all civilian community members are encouraged to participate.
Child care will be provided. A time of gathering and fellowship will follow: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/central-ohios-fallen-comrade-ceremony-honor-the-living-tickets-31809471987
- Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center Events Calendar: http://www.cleveland.va.gov/calendar.asp
- Ohio Veterans Memorial Park Events Calendar: http://www.ovmp.org/
- Cleveland Senior Day
The Cleveland Department of Aging presents the 28th annual Senior Day Wednesday, May 24, 2016 at Cleveland Public Hall. For more information, www.cleveland-oh-gov/aging
- Cleveland Tank Plant Homecoming Military Show and Swap Meet
The International Exposition (I-X) Center and the Military Vehicle Preservation Association announced the 42nd annual MVPA International Convention will be held in conjunction with the Cleveland Tank Plant Homecoming Military Show and Swap Meet June 22-24, 2017 at the I-X Center: www.IXClevelandTankShow.com
- USS COD Dutch Friendship Day: join the COD as they reenact COD’s WWII rescue of 55 crewman from the Dutch Submarine 019 at 2 PM Saturday, July 8, 2017.
- Annual Veterans Day Ceremony and Parade
The City of Cleveland will partner and host the annual Veterans Day ceremony and Parade on Friday, November 10, 2017
Read the full document here: Base Cleveland Veteran News