Photos by Ruggero Fatica, City of Cleveland Photo Bureau
Featuring international fare, vibrant cultural performances, art, music and other activities, the 8th Annual Cleveland Asian Festival drew thousands to celebrate the beauty and diversity of Asian culture. The event was held in AsiaTown May 20-21, 2017.
According to its website, its mission is to:
- Strengthen the identity of the AsiaTown neighborhood and support its economic growth
- Educate and promote Asian culture and traditions
- Uniting Cleveland’s Asian community & celebrate its diversity
- Celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
Thanks to Mayor Frank G. Jackson’s enhanced budget, made possible by Issue 32, the City of Cleveland is embarking on more street improvement projects in 2017 than years past. Projects span all neighborhoods and wards throughout the city.
Here are some highlights about this year’s road work:
- Street resurfacing began on April 27, 2017 and will continue through the summer, weather permitting. The first resurfacing project took place in Ward 4 on Parkview Avenue near the intersection of Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard.
- Potholes are serviced year round, weather permitting. The Department of Public Works has increased its pothole crews from three to 10 as a result of the passage of Issue 32.
- This year, with the completion of the Pavement Management Study we have a graded system that allows us to select the streets that are in the greatest need of resurfacing. We are using the worst first approach to road resurfacing.
- We are projecting to resurface 95 streets this year.
- Thanks to Issue 32 funds, the City of Cleveland has reinstated street sweeping services.
Updates will be posted Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.