13 June 2017
Prepared and distributed monthly to Veterans and supporters of those who served
- Flag Day/ Army Birthday/Naturalization Ceremony – the Joint Veterans’ Council of Cuyahoga County (JVCOCC) and the Newton D. Baker Chapter of the Association of the United States Army (AUSA)and the Cleveland Army Recruiting Battalion announce the annual Flag Day/Army Birthday/Naturalization Ceremony to be held at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at 12 noon Wednesday, June 14, 2017.
Mistress of Ceremonies, MC, will be Monica Robins of WKYC, Channel 3 News. The Naturalization Ceremony will be conducted by United States District Judge Dan Polster. Brigadier General Sandra Alvey, Deputy Commanding General, 807th Medical Command, will assist with the celebration of the Army Birthday and Soldier of the Year recognition.
- American Red Cross Northeast Ohio smoke alarm installation event in honor of Flag Day June 17
Someone dies in a home fire seven times a day, on average nationwide, and in Northeast Ohio, the Red Cross responds on average to three home fires every day. Join us, when, in honor of Flag Day, we partner with several military and veterans groups on a mission to make neighborhoods safer throughout Northeast Ohio.
We will be going door-to-door in Greater Cleveland, Akron, Canton and Mansfield, installing free smoke alarms, replacing batteries in existing alarms, and conveying valuable fire safety information on June 17, 2017 from 9:00am- 2:00 pm.
Interested individuals can register to volunteer for the event via the Red Cross of Northeast Ohio “events” page at http://www.redcross.org/news/event/local/ohio/northeast/Operation-Save-A-Life-Military-and-Veteran-Partners-Fire-Safety-Walk The actual registration page will list times and locations as well.
For the event, we will be staging at the local VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC):
- Akron: 55 W. Waterloo, Akron, OH 44319-1116
- Canton: 733 Market Avenue South, Canton, OH 44702-1018 (We may be moving this to the Red Cross office in Canton)
- Mansfield: 1025 South Trimble Rd., Mansfield, OH 44906
- Parma: 8787 Brookpark Road, Parma, OH 44129
The breakout for the day:
- 9:00- 9:30 am: arrive/ registration at staging location
- 9:30- 10:00am: training
- 10:00 am- 1:30 pm: smoke alarm installations/ preparedness education
- 1:30- 2:00 pm: wrap up
- Enhancing Care & Services for LGBTQ People – VA Social Work Symposium
CLEVELAND – The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Social Work Professional Development Committee is sponsoring its annual symposium for social workers and allied professionals in the community Friday, June 16. This year’s symposium, entitled Enhancing The Care & Services for LGBTQ People Across The Lifespan, will share the knowledge of experts in the field and experience to grow in the ability to serve the LGBTQ community.
The symposium is scheduled for 8 AM – 4 PM Friday, June 16, 2017 at the 100th Bomb Group, 20920 Brookpark Rd. All are welcome to participate in this day of education and dialogue.
This symposium is approved for six hours of Social Work Continuing Education by the Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Social Work Professional Development Committee and will feature speakers from various organizations including DuVernay & Associates, Margie’s Hope & Trans Advocate, and the Cleveland VA GIVE Clinic.
The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Social Work Professional Development Committee hosts an annual symposium for social workers and allied professionals in the community to promote collegiality, education and excellence in social work practice in our community.
Those interested in attending this event may click here to register. Media interested in covering the event or seeking more information, should contact Ashley Trimble at 216-701-7029 or email@example.com.
- Cleveland Tank Plant Homecoming Military Show and Swap Meet
The International Exposition (I-X) Center and the Military Vehicle Preservation Association announced the 42nd annual MVPA International Convention will be held in conjunction with the Cleveland Tank Plant Homecoming Military Show and Swap Meet June 22-24, 2017 at the I-X Center. www.IXClevelandTankShow.com
- Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame
The Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame seeks to recognize those Ohioans who have worn the uniform of this Nation’s Armed Forces, performed their military duties, and then continued to contribute to community, state and nation in an exemplary manner. These outstanding contributions may, for example, be in the areas of professional, civic, veterans’ advocacy, public service or significant contributions over the life of the nominee.
Nomination must be received no later than June 30, 2017.
Questions? please call (614) 752-8941 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please visit our web site at: www.ohiovetshof.gov
- USS COD Dutch Friendship Day: join the COD as they reenact the USS COD’s WWII rescue of 55 crewman from the Dutch Submarine 019 at 2 PM Saturday, July 8, 2017.
- USS COD – Veterans Family Fair – scheduled for August 5, 2017
- Annual Veterans Day Ceremony and Parade
The City of Cleveland will partner and host the annual Veterans Day ceremony and Parade on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Read More Here: Base Cleveland Veteran News – June 13 2016