22 June 2017
Prepared and distributed monthly to Veterans and supporters of those who served
- Cleveland Tank Plant Homecoming Military Show and Swap Meet
The International Exposition (I-X) Center and the Military Vehicle Preservation Association announced the 42nd annual MVPA International Convention will be held in conjunction with the Cleveland Tank Plant Homecoming Military Show and Swap Meet June 22-24, 2017 at the I-X Center. www.IXClevelandTankShow.com
- Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame
The Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame seeks to recognize those Ohioans who have worn the uniform of this Nation’s Armed Forces, performed their military duties, and then continued to contribute to community, state and nation in an exemplary manner. These outstanding contributions may, for example, be in the areas of professional, civic, veterans’ advocacy, public service or significant contributions over the life of the nominee.
Nomination must be received no later than June 30, 2017.
- USS COD Dutch Friendship Day: join the COD as they reenact the USS COD’s WWII rescue of 55 crewman from the Dutch Submarine 019 at 2 PM Saturday, July 8, 2017.
- USS COD – Veterans Family Fair – scheduled for August 5, 2017.
- Ohio Women Veterans Conference
Registration is now open for the biennial Ohio Women Veterans Conference to be held Saturday, August 12, 2017 at the Ohio Union at The Ohio State University. With more than 50 exhibits and 20 speakers, women veterans will find information about Ohio’s new fast track to jobs and education as well as services available locally through 88 County Veterans Services Offices. Th e conference is free but there is an optional fee for lunch.
This year’s theme is Celebrating Generations of Service – 67,000 Veterans Strong. Topic areas include managing your money military style, maximizing military skills on your civilian resume, support and mentoring for women veterans in the workplace, challenges with aging, statewide resources, access to benefits and more.
Sponsored by the Ohio Department of Veterans Services with support from the Ohio Women Veterans Advisory Committee, the conference is expected to attract 750 women veterans from throughout the state representing all branches of military service.
To register visit http://dvs.ohio.gov/main/women-veterans-conference.html. For more information call 614.644.0898
- USO Northern Ohio Golf Outing and Clambake – scheduled for Friday, September 8, 2017 at the Sweetbriar Golf Club, located at 750 Jaycox Road, Avon Lake, Ohio 44012
- Annual Veterans Day Ceremony and Parade
The City of Cleveland will partner and host the annual Veterans Day ceremony and Parade on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Read More Here: Base Cleveland Veteran News June 22 2017