“I have made a decision to increase all of our regular full-time and part-time employees, both union and non-union, earning less than $15 an hour, up to a $15 hourly rate. Because we have union contracts covering the majority of our employees, this $15 per hour minimum rate will need to be discussed with those unions prior to implementation. It is my intention to implement this $15 per hour minimum rate for all of our regular full-time and part-time employees in April 2018, corresponding with the third year of our union contracts.”
— Statement from Mayor Frank G. Jackson
Read more on Cleveland.com by clicking here.
The City of Cleveland will not pick up waste on Tuesday, July 4, 2017 in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
There will be a one day delay in waste collection. Trash normally collected on Friday, will be collected on Saturday. Regularly scheduled trash pick up will resume on Monday, July 10, 2017.
For further information regarding waste collection, please call Cleveland’s Division of Waste Collection at (216) 664-3711.
Thanks to Mayor Frank G. Jackson’s enhanced budget, made possible by Issue 32, the City of Cleveland is embarking on more street improvement projects in 2017 than years past. Projects span all neighborhoods and wards throughout the city.
Here are some highlights about this year’s road work:
- Street resurfacing began on April 27, 2017 and will continue through the summer, weather permitting. The first resurfacing project took place in Ward 4 on Parkview Avenue near the intersection of Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard.
- Potholes are serviced year round, weather permitting. The Department of Public Works has increased its pothole crews from three to 10 as a result of the passage of Issue 32.
- This year, with the completion of the Pavement Management Study we have a graded system that allows us to select the streets that are in the greatest need of resurfacing. We are using the worst first approach to road resurfacing.
- We are projecting to resurface 95 streets this year.
- Thanks to Issue 32 funds, the City of Cleveland has reinstated street sweeping services.
Updates will be posted Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.