The City of Cleveland seeks applicants for the Chief of Animal Care & Control position. The application deadline is September 8, 2017.
Some key job duties include:
- Supervises City Kennels’ Spay and Neuter clinic operations and maintenance
- Prepares and manages kennels and clinic budgets
- Performs kennel and clinic purchasing duties
- Determines kennels and clinic priorities concerning available capital improvement monies
- Attends community meetings
- Supervises the activities of a group of assistants engaged in the operation and maintenance of buildings and grounds
- Supervises and assists in the apprehension of animals and their removal to the City Kennel
- Responds to citizen complaints
- Conducts investigations and reports violations of City ordinances related to animals
- Performs other job-related duties as required
Read more about minimum qualifications and apply here: http://bit.ly/2gpuSbg
Thanks to Mayor Frank G. Jackson’s enhanced budget, made possible by Issue 32, the City of Cleveland is embarking on more street improvement projects in 2017 than years past. Projects span all neighborhoods and wards throughout the city.
Here are some highlights about this year’s road work:
- Street resurfacing began on April 27, 2017 and will continue through the summer, weather permitting. The first resurfacing project took place in Ward 4 on Parkview Avenue near the intersection of Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard.
- Potholes are serviced year round, weather permitting. The Department of Public Works has increased its pothole crews from three to 10 as a result of the passage of Issue 32.
- This year, with the completion of the Pavement Management Study we have a graded system that allows us to select the streets that are in the greatest need of resurfacing. We are using the worst first approach to road resurfacing.
- We are projecting to resurface 95 streets this year.
- Thanks to Issue 32 funds, the City of Cleveland has reinstated street sweeping services.
Updates will be posted Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.