7 September 2017
Prepared and distributed monthly to Veterans and supporters of those who served
- USO Northern Ohio Golf Outing and Clambake – scheduled for Friday, September 8, 2017 at the Sweetbriar Golf Club, located at 750 Jaycox Road, Avon Lake, Ohio 44012
- 5th Annual VFW Community Day Picnic
A VFW community day picnic will be held 1 PM to 5 PM Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 17900 Strongsville Blvd., Strongsville, OH
The free event is open to the public and a great opportunity to meet your friends, fellow veterans and neighbors. Free entertainment, snacks, soft drinks and games and activities. For more information contact 440-234-0250
- September 11th Ceremony (16th Anniversary) @ CLE Hopkins
An annual 9-11 commemoration will be held at CLE Hopkins on Monday, September 11, 2017. The Public is invited and will be held on the ‘public side’ of the airport terminal, near the Central Checkpoint.
- Seeking Korean War Veterans in Parma, Parma Heights and Seven Hills
A recognition event honoring Korean War Veterans is scheduled for Thursday, Sep 14, 2017 at the UAW Hall located at 5615 Chevrolet Blvd. Doors open at 6 for the 6:30 PM event. For more information, email KoreaVeterans@cityofparma-oh.gov or call Tom Matroianni 440.885.8812 or Jeannie Roberts 440.885.8181
- Macedonia, OH – Dedication of Veterans Memorial Park
Scheduled for 1 PM Saturday, September 16, 2017 at the corner of Route 82 and Valley View Road. The memorial was erected by the City of Macedonia with the support of VFW Post 801.
- Veterans Mobile Outreach
Federal, State and County veterans’ agencies will be available to file a compensation or pension claim, apply for VA Healthcare, request your DD214, file and awards and other earned Veteran benefits.
- American Legion Post 68, 1901 Sylvan Road, Wooster, OH September 20, 2017 12 noon-4PM
- Don Umerley Center, 21016 Hilliard Blvd., Rocky River, OH 44146 September 27, 2017 12 noon – 4 PM; and
- Mogadore VFW Post 8487 385 Randolph Road, Mogaddore, OH 44260 Oct 4, 2017 12 noon – 4 PM
- Vietnam Combat Veterans Memorial ‘ the Moving Wall’
September 21-24, 2017 at Perry High School, 1 Success Blvd., Perry OH 44081. The opening ceremony will begin at 7 PM Thursday, September 21 and a closing ceremony held at 6 PM Sunday, September 24, 2017.
- Fisher House Fundraiser
A special fundraiser to benefit the Greater Cleveland Fischer House is planned for 8 PM – midnight September 30, 2017 at the Holy Spirit Party Center at 5500 W 54 Street, Parma, OH. The event is open to the public and includes raffles, food and dancing. Proceeds will benefit families of patients receiving medical care at military and VA medical centers. For details, call Barb Haselow at 440.886.6157 or Marge Smith at 216.224.4178. Additional information will be provided when made available.
- Ohio Airborne Days
The 55th All Ohio Airborne Days will be celebrated Oct 5, 7 and 7, 2017. For more information, M:\Ohio Airborne Days.jpg
- Annual Veterans Day Ceremony and Parade
The City of Cleveland will partner and host the annual Veterans Day ceremony and Parade on Friday, November 10, 2017. A limited number of display tables are available to Veteran support groups interesting in displaying or presenting information to the attendees. Please contact Marty Flask at telephone 216.420.7606 or MFlask@city.cleveland.oh.us to reserve a spot. First come, first served. Note: The Red Cross , VA Medical Center, USO, Homeless Veterans Outreach and VA Vet Center have already reserved a table.
Read the full article here: Base Cleveland Veteran News September 7 2017