Thanks to Mayor Frank G. Jackson’s enhanced budget, made possible by Issue 32, the City of Cleveland is embarking on more street improvement projects in 2017 than years past. Projects span all neighborhoods and wards throughout the city.
Here are some highlights about this year’s road work:
- Street resurfacing began on April 27, 2017 and will continue through the summer, weather permitting. The first resurfacing project took place in Ward 4 on Parkview Avenue near the intersection of Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard.
- Potholes are serviced year round, weather permitting. The Department of Public Works has increased its pothole crews from three to 10 as a result of the passage of Issue 32.
- This year, with the completion of the Pavement Management Study we have a graded system that allows us to select the streets that are in the greatest need of resurfacing. We are using the worst first approach to road resurfacing.
- We are projecting to resurface 95 streets this year.
- Thanks to Issue 32 funds, the City of Cleveland has reinstated street sweeping services.
Updates will be posted Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Tuesday, Oct 10, 2017
Prepared and distributed to Veterans and supporters of those who served
- Winter Clothing Program: the Cuyahoga County Veterans Service Commission is again providing winter clothing for eligible Veterans and dependents. Verification for eligibility requires County residency for 90 days; DD214; verifiable financial need; social security card; and, photo identification.
Registration for the program that begins Oct 2, 2017 can be made at the downtown Cleveland office at 1849 Prospect Avenue, VAMC Wade Park and Parma CBOC. For information, call 216.698.2600.
- Annual Veterans Day Ceremony and Parade
The City of Cleveland will partner and host the annual Veterans Day ceremony and Parade on Friday, November 10, 2017. A limited number of display tables are available to Veteran support groups interesting in displaying or presenting information to the attendees. Please contact Marty Flask at telephone 216.420.7606 or MFlask@city.cleveland.oh.us to reserve a spot. First come, first served. Note: The Red Cross , VA Medical Center, USO, Homeless Veterans Outreach, Court of Common Pleas Mentor Program and VA Vet Center have already reserved a table.
Parade Registration: The deadline for entering your organization, vehicle or float is 1 PM Wednesday, November 7, 2017. For more information, contact Paul Tuggey at telephone 216.952.2884.
The Cleveland Military Ball will be held 6-11 PM 18 November 2017 at the Crowne Plaza at 5300 Rockside Road, Independence, OH
For additional information and tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cleveland-vfw-military-ball-tickets-38531848797#add-to-calendar-modal
Read More Here: Base Cleveland Veteran News – November 10 2017