Mayor Frank G. Jackson today reminds City of Cleveland residents that open enrollment for health insurance begins Nov. 1st on Healthcare.gov.
“This is the primary source of health care coverage for many individuals and their families,” Mayor Jackson said. “This year, the enrollment period is shorter than previous years. It’s important to act quickly.”
The deadline to apply for 2018 coverage is Dec. 15, 2017.
Below are additional important points to remember about open enrollment:
- Plans sold during open enrollment take effect January 1, 2018.
- After the deadline, coverage is only available under a special exception for life events such as marriage, losing coverage or having a baby.
- Those who qualify for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) can apply anytime.
- Sign up by visiting Healthcare.gov or by calling 1-800-318-2596. For in-person help, click here to find an assister or insurance agent or broker.
Thanks to Mayor Frank G. Jackson’s enhanced budget, made possible by Issue 32, the City of Cleveland is embarking on more street improvement projects in 2017 than years past. Projects span all neighborhoods and wards throughout the city.
Here are some highlights about this year’s road work:
- Street resurfacing began on April 27, 2017 and will continue through the summer, weather permitting. The first resurfacing project took place in Ward 4 on Parkview Avenue near the intersection of Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard.
- Potholes are serviced year round, weather permitting. The Department of Public Works has increased its pothole crews from three to 10 as a result of the passage of Issue 32.
- This year, with the completion of the Pavement Management Study we have a graded system that allows us to select the streets that are in the greatest need of resurfacing. We are using the worst first approach to road resurfacing.
- We are projecting to resurface 95 streets this year.
- Thanks to Issue 32 funds, the City of Cleveland has reinstated street sweeping services.
Updates will be posted Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.