The City of Cleveland is hiring! Each week, we will bring you a list of jobs we are hiring for right now. Whether in information technology, civil services or other areas, we are looking for qualified candidates interested in serving the City of Cleveland.
Many positions have been added thanks to Mayor Frank G. Jackson’s enhanced budget resulting from the passage of Issue 32.
Here are some positions and civil service exams open now:
- Chief Epidemiologist – (Health)
- HR Program Planning & Management Administrator – (Human Resources)
- Security Deputy Bailiff – (Municipal Court)
- Surveyor – (Capital Projects)
- Software Analyst– (Information Technology)
You can find all of our job listings at governmentjobs.com/careers/Cleveland.
For questions regarding a position, please contact Human Resources via email (HR@city.cleveland.oh.us) or phone (216-664-2493). For questions regarding an examination, please contact Civil Service via email (CS@city.cleveland.oh.us) or phone (216-664-2467). You can call during business hours, Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Follow our job postings on Facebook and Twitter by searching for the #CLEcityjobs hashtag.
Thanks to Mayor Frank G. Jackson’s enhanced budget, made possible by Issue 32, the City of Cleveland is embarking on more street improvement projects in 2017 than years past. Projects span all neighborhoods and wards throughout the city.
Here are some highlights about this year’s road work:
- Street resurfacing began on April 27, 2017 and will continue through the summer, weather permitting. The first resurfacing project took place in Ward 4 on Parkview Avenue near the intersection of Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard.
- Potholes are serviced year round, weather permitting. The Department of Public Works has increased its pothole crews from three to 10 as a result of the passage of Issue 32.
- This year, with the completion of the Pavement Management Study we have a graded system that allows us to select the streets that are in the greatest need of resurfacing. We are using the worst first approach to road resurfacing.
- We are projecting to resurface 95 streets this year.
- Thanks to Issue 32 funds, the City of Cleveland has reinstated street sweeping services.
- Leaf pick-up service has also been reactivated in designated high leaf generation areas. View maps and a list of locations here.
Updates will be posted Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Friday, January 5, 2018
Prepared and distributed to Veterans and supporters of those who served
Attention: Women Veterans
Save the Date: Join us for the Inaugural Women Veterans Resource Expo Friday, March 2, 2018 at Cuyahoga Community College Easter Campus.
Visit www.tri-c.edu/womenveteransexpo to reserve your spot.
Department of Veterans Affairs
Link with the VA on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/VeteransAffairs/
Subscribe to the VA
Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/subscribe/
Cleveland Veterans Administration: calendar of events
Read more here: Base Cleveland Veteran News for January 5 2017