Thanks to Mayor Frank G. Jackson’s enhanced budget, made possible by Issue 32, the City of Cleveland is embarking on more street improvement projects in 2017 than years past. Projects span all neighborhoods and wards throughout the city.
Here are some highlights about this year’s road work:
- Potholes are serviced year round, weather permitting. The Department of Public Works has increased its pothole crews from three to 10 as a result of the passage of Issue 32.
- This year, with the completion of the Pavement Management Study we have a graded system that allows us to select the streets that are in the greatest need of resurfacing. We are using the worst first approach to road resurfacing.
- Thanks to Issue 32 funds, the City of Cleveland has reinstated street sweeping services.
- Leaf pick-up service has also been reactivated in designated high leaf generation areas. View maps and a list of locations here.
- To submit a claim which involves vehicles, including damage caused by potholes, please click here.
Updates will be posted Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.