The City of Cleveland is hiring! Each week, we will bring you a list of jobs we are hiring for right now. Whether in information technology, civil services or other areas, we are looking for qualified candidates interested in serving the City of Cleveland.
Many positions have been added thanks to Mayor Frank G. Jackson’s enhanced budget resulting from the passage of Issue 32.
Here are some positions and civil service exams open now:
- Patrol Officer – Examination – (Police)
- Web Developer – (Utilities)
- Chief Architect – (Capital Projects)
- Bureau Manager – Demolition – (Building & Housing)
- Grant Writer/Administrator – (Municipal Court)
More local job postings are posted on the Ohio Means Jobs website.
For questions regarding a position, please contact Human Resources via email (HR@city.cleveland.oh.us) or phone (216-664-2493). For questions regarding an examination, please contact Civil Service via email (CS@city.cleveland.oh.us) or phone (216-664-2467). You can call during business hours, Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Follow our job postings on Facebook and Twitter by searching for the #CLEcityjobs hashtag.
Thanks to Mayor Frank G. Jackson’s enhanced budget, made possible by Issue 32, the City of Cleveland is embarking on more street improvement projects in 2017 than years past. Projects span all neighborhoods and wards throughout the city.
Here are some highlights about this year’s road work:
- Potholes are serviced year round, weather permitting. The Department of Public Works has increased its pothole crews from three to 10 as a result of the passage of Issue 32.
- Thanks to Issue 32 funds, the City of Cleveland has reinstated street sweeping services.
- Leaf pick-up service has also been reactivated in designated high leaf generation areas. View maps and a list of locations here.
- To submit a claim to the City of Cleveland which involves vehicles, including damage caused by potholes, please click here.
Updates will be posted Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Prepared and distributed to Veterans and supporters of those who served
Attention: Women Veterans
Save the Date: Join us for the Inaugural Women Veterans Resource Expo Friday, March 2, 2018 at Cuyahoga Community College Easter Campus. Visit www.tri-c.edu/womenveteransexpo to reserve your spot.
2018 Veterans Day Ceremony and Parade: the annual Veterans Day Ceremony will be held in the Rotunda of City Hall at 11 AM Friday, November 9, 2018 followed by the annual Veterans Day Parade which will step off at 12:30 PM, immediately following the ceremony.
Subscribe to the VA Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/subscribe/
Cleveland Veterans Administration calendar of events https://www.cleveland.va.gov/calendar.asp
Read more here: Base Cleveland Veteran News – February 28 2018