The City of Cleveland has announced resurfacing projects in Ward 2 and Ward 4. Both projects are slated for completion in July 2018.
Mayor Frank G. Jackson’s enhanced budget, made possible by Issue 32, allows the City to embark on more street improvement projects in 2017 and 2018 than previous years. Projects span all City neighborhoods and wards. Highlights about this year’s road work:
- Street resurfacing began April 16 and will continue through the summer. The first resurfacing project was in Ward 7 on East 89th Street near the intersection of Hough Avenue.
- Potholes are serviced year round, weather permitting. The Department of Public Works has increased its pothole crews from eight to an average of 10 crews daily as a result of the passage of Issue 32.
- With the completion of the Pavement Management Study in 2017, the City has a graded system that allows streets in the greatest need of resurfacing to be selected for repair. The City is using the ‘worst first’ approach to road resurfacing.
- The City projects it will resurface 120 proposed streets in 2018.
- The City is also investing in preventive maintenance on recently resurfaced streets to extend roadways’ high condition rating using the crack seal program.
Ward 2 Improvements
Improvements to City of Cleveland streets will begin on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 in Ward 2. Advance notice signs will be posted to advise the public of road improvements.
- East 110th Street (Miles Avenue to Harvard Avenue)
- East 108th Street (Miles Avenue to Harvard Avenue)
- East 96th Street (Way Street to Sandusky Avenue)
- East 98th Street (South End to Pratt Avenue)
- East 98th Street (South End to Miles Avenue)
- Angelus Avenue (East 116th Street to East 131st Street)
- Gaylord Avenue (East 93rd Street to East End)
- East 112th Street (Charlotte Avenue to Miles Avenue)
One lane will be maintained for local traffic for the duration of each project and no detours are expected. Access to all businesses, residences and side streets will be maintained during construction. On street parking will not be allowed during construction.
Ward 4 Improvements
Improvements to City of Cleveland streets in Ward 4 will begin on Wednesday May 1, 2018. Advance notice signs will be posted to advise the public of road improvements. The following streets will be resurfaced and completed by the end of July 2018:
- Cumberland Avenue (East 96th Street to Woodhill Road)
- Larchmere Boulevard (North Moreland Boulevard to City Limits)
- Keswick Road (Albion Road to East Corp Line)
- Drexmore Road (Van Aken Boulevard to Chadbourne Road)
- Albion Road (Hampton Road to End)
- Hampton Road (Buckeye Road to Albion Road)
- East 137th Street (Abell Avenue to Livingston Road)
- East 124th Street (Corlett Avenue to Holborn Avenue)
- Stoughton Avenue (Woodhill Road to East 102nd Street)
- Parkhill Avenue (East 130th Street to East End)
- East 93rd Street (Cumberland Avenue to Woodhill Road)
For questions, contact the City’s Administrative Manager, Mrs. Cherita Anglen at (216) 420-7605.