The City of Cleveland reminds residents to take extra caution during high heat. The National Weather Service forecasts a high temperature of 89 degrees on Sunday and a high of 93 degrees on Monday with heat index values reaching 100.
The City’s pools and spray basins will be open Sunday and Monday for those looking to beat the heat. Click here for a list of indoor and outdoor pool locations.
Here are some additional tips for staying safe in the heat:
- Make sure to stay hydrated and drink a lot of water!
- Wear loose fitting, light colored clothes during hot weather.
- Cover your head with a hat and use sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun’s rays.
- Keep cool in the shade. If you don’t have air-conditioning, visit cool areas like a library or recreation center on high heat days. Click here for a list of summer recreation center activities.
- Always check on your friends and neighbors, especially those who are seniors or have young children.
- Learn the signs of Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke and what to do to assist someone suffering from either of these conditions.
- Check on pets! Make sure pets have access to plenty of shade, are not left in vehicles and have plenty of water.