The City of Cleveland provides an update on the recovery operations
following last night’s windstorm and reminds residents to take precautionary measures:
- Downed Trees: The City today has eight tree crews clearing all the right-ofways.
Crews began yesterday and worked through the night clearing over 100
calls for service. Crews will continue clearing the known locations where trees are
blocking or inhibiting traffic, sidewalks and driveways If you are impacted and
believe there is a City owned tree that needs to removal please contact Urban
Forestry at 216-664-3104.
- Cleveland Police: Patrol officers were dispatched and responded to weatherrelated
incidents including downed power lines, trees and poles, while repair
crews worked to bring power to the citizens of Cleveland. Cleveland Police
reminds drivers to treat all intersections as four way stops where the traffic signal
is out or not operating properly. If you do see a traffic signal out of service you can
report it by calling 216-420-8273.
- Cleveland Fire responded to over 359 emergency calls for service including
motor vehicle accidents, wires and trees down, medical, fire, and carbon monoxide
- Emergency Medical Service responded to over 271 calls for service which
included medical emergencies, motor vehicles accidents and support to Fire for
downed power lines.
- Cleveland Public Power continues to address power outages due to last night’s
high winds. Due to high winds and weather conditions, approximately 5,300
customers were impacted at some point during the storm. CPP had eight crews
working throughout the night to restore power as quickly as possible. All major
outages have been repaired and CPP is currently working to restore power to the
remaining customers impacted by scattered outages. We anticipate power restored
to all customers today.
If CPP customers are experiencing power outages, they should contact CPP at
216-664-3156. Additionally, high winds may have damaged poles or caused
downed power lines.
- Downed Powerlines: If residents see downed wires or damaged poles, do not
touch them. Contact Cleveland Public Power at 216-664-3156 and on line at
http://www.CPP.org to file a report.