Friday, March 1, 2019
Prepared and distributed to Veterans and supporters of those who served
SAVE THE DATE
- Vietnam War Veterans Day – Friday, March 29, 2019
The Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 15 will once again sponsor the Vietnam War Veterans Day Commemoration at the Garfield Heights Civic Center Friday, March 29, 2019. The program is open to all Vietnam War Veterans and their families. All veterans and civilians who want to show their gratitude are welcome. Social hour starts at 6 p.m. followed by the program at 7 p.m.
For more information contact David Kovach: (216) 387-0484 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2019 Cleveland National Air Show dates released, featuring U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds: August 31 through September 2, 2019
- Joint Veterans Annual Luncheon – Saturday, Feb 23, 2019.
Read more here.
- National Veterans Memorial & Museum in Columbus, Ohio
- Subscribe to the VA Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/subscribe/
- Cleveland Veterans Administration: calendar of events https://www.cleveland.va.gov/calendar.asp.
- Lest We Forget
1. Purple Heart vets will get disability claims moved quicker
WASHINGTON — Veterans who earned a Purple Heart during their military service will now have their veterans disability claims moved ahead of other requests, Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert Wilkie announced on Tuesday.
- With women in combat roles, a federal court rules the male-only draft unconstitutional
A federal judge in Texas has declared that an all-male military draft is unconstitutional, ruling that “the time has passed” for a debate on whether women belong in the military.
Read the full newsletter here: Base Cleveland Veteran News – March 1 2019