Friday, March 15, 2019
Prepared and distributed to Veterans and supporters of those who served
SAVE THE DATE
- Vietnam War Veterans Day – Friday, March 29, 2019
The Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 15 will once again sponsor the Vietnam War Veterans Day Commemoration at the Garfield Heights Civic Center Friday, March 29, 2019. The program is open to all Vietnam War Veterans and their families. All veterans and civilians who want to show their gratitude are welcome. Social hour starts at 6 p.m. followed by the program at 7 p.m.
For more information contact David Kovach: (216) 387-0484 or email him at email@example.com
- 2019 Cleveland National Air Show dates released, featuring U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds: August 31 through September 2, 2019
- National Veterans Memorial & Museum in Columbus, Ohio
- Subscribe to the VA Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/subscribe/
- Cleveland Veterans Administration: calendar of events https://www.cleveland.va.gov/calendar.asp.
- Lest We Forget
1. The Deep Connection Between Veterans Day and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
On Saturday, for the annual Veterans Day National Ceremony, at exactly 11:00 a.m. on the 11th day of the 11th month, a wreath will be laid at Arlington National Cemetery at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The ritual has happened annually for more than half a century — but the tomb, also referred to as the Tomb of the Unknowns, and the day have been intertwined for even longer.
Read more here: Base Cleveland Veteran News – March 15 2019