During the week of April 15, 2019 the City of Cleveland’s Residential Resurfacing Program will begin throughout the City. Advance notice signs will be posted to advise the public of road improvements.
One lane of traffic will be maintained for local traffic for the duration of each project and no detours are expected. Access to all businesses, residences and side streets will be maintained during construction. On-street parking will not be allowed during construction.
2019 Road Resurfacing Project Description:
- Street resurfacing will begin during the week of April 15th and will continue through the summer and fall.
- With the completion of the Pavement Management Study in 2017 and the continued evaluation of the City’s roadway network, the City has a grading system that allows streets in the greatest need of resurfacing to be selected for repair. The City is using the ‘worst first’ approach to road resurfacing.
- The City estimates it will resurface approximately 110 residential streets in 2019.
- The City is planning to utilize preventive maintenance measures on recently resurfaced streets to extend roadways’ high condition rating
- For questions, contact the City’s Administrative Manager, Mrs. Cherita Anglen at (216) 420-7605.
*Editor’s Note: Road construction invariably presents hazards to the public. All travelers are urged to use caution in construction zones. Public safety and the safety of workers is a top priority.