The City of Cleveland will continue to post road resurfacing updates here on our blog as they are announced ward by ward.
Advance notice signage will be posted in the areas identified for resurfacing. Road construction invariably presents hazards to the public. All travelers are urged to use caution in construction zones. Public safety and the safety of our workers is a top priority.
One lane of traffic will be maintained for local traffic for the duration of each project and no detours are expected. Access to all businesses, residences and side streets will be maintained during construction. Note: On-street parking will not be allowed during construction.
Projects span all City neighborhoods and wards. Highlights about this year’s road work include:
- Street resurfacing will begin the week of April 15 and will continue through the summer, weather permitting.
- With the completion of the Pavement Management Study the City has a graded system that allows streets in the greatest need of resurfacing to be selected. The City is using the worst first approach to road resurfacing.
- City projects it will resurface approximately 110 proposed streets this year.
- City is also investing in preventive maintenance on recently resurfaced streets to extend roadways’ high condition rating.
The following Ward 2 roads are scheduled for resurfacing to be completed in July 2019:
- Elmarge Avenue Miles Avenue To Miles Avenue
- Robertson Avenue East 116th Street To Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
- Sandusky Avenue East 108th Street To East 105th Street
- Dove Avenue East 102nd Street To East 116th Street
- East 109th Street Avon Avenue To Greenwich Avenue
- East 119th Street Miles Avenue To Robertson Avenue
- East 123rd Street Revere Avenue To Harvard Avenue
- East 136th Street Crennell Avenue To Harvard Avenue
- Benwood Avenue East 123rd Street To East 131st Street
- Princeton Avenue Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive To East 123rd Street
The following Ward 9 roads are scheduled for resurfacing to be completed in July 2019:
- East 118th Street Ashbury Avenueto Kelton Avenue
- East 115th Street Euclid Avenue to Bellflower Road
- Juniper Road East 115th Street to Ford Drive
- Ansel Road Bellevue Avenue to 905 Ansel Road
- Herrick Place Maury Avenue to End
The following Ward 10 roads are scheduled for resurfacing to be completed in July 2019:
- Weston Road Green Road to Ridgehill Road
- East 146th Street St. Clair Avenue to Elmhurst Avenue
- Idarose Avenue Hayden Avenue to Coit Road
- Hayden Avenue Glenside Road to Idarose Avenue
- East 118th Street St. Clair Avenue to Sellers Avenue
- Dundee Drive Sellers Avenue to Hazeldell Drive
- Iroquois Avenue Paxton Road to East 128th Street
- East 185th Street Melville Road to Cochran Avenue
- Sunnyside Avenue Penhurst Road to East 185th Street
- Gray Avenue Eddy Road to East 124th Street
- Blenheim Road East 134th Street to Redman Court
The following Ward 16 roads are rescheduled for resurfacing to be completed by the end of June 2019:
- Terminal Avenue West 143rd Street to West 150th Street
- Emery Avenue West 143rd Street to West 150th Street
- West Avenue West 130th Street to West 134th Street
Questions? Contact the City’s Administrative Manager, Ms. Cherita Anglen at (216) 420-7605.