Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Prepared and distributed to Veterans and supporters of those who served
SAVE THE DATE
- Armed Forces Week: May 12-18, 2019 *NEW*
Mission Barbeque extends offers for Armed Forces Week. See flyer (attached and posted below). Note the specific days for each branch of the service.
- Flag Day Event – Friday, June 14, 2019 *NEW*
All are invited to this year’s Flag Day Ceremony June 14, 2019. This year we added a five piece Army Band and a ceremonial recruit swearing-in ceremony, to be conducted by the Recruiting Command Brigade Commander, Col. Lopez.
For more information view the attached flier: https://clecityhall.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/flag-day-2019.pdf
- 2019 Cleveland National Air Show dates released, featuring U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds: August 31 through September 2, 2019
- National Veterans Memorial & Museum in Columbus, Ohio
- Subscribe to the VA Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/subscribe/
- Cleveland Veterans Administration: calendar of events https://www.cleveland.va.gov/calendar.asp.
- Lest We Forget
1. The Link between PTSD and Substance Use
2. How Stranger Harassment of Women Veterans Affects Healthcare
3. EPA Takes Important Step under PFAS Action Plan
On April 25, the Environmental Protection Agency released draft interim guidance for addressing groundwater contaminated with perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and/or perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) for public review and comment. EPA developed this guidance based on the agency’s current scientific understanding of PFAS toxicity, including the agency’s PFOA and PFOS health advisories. The recommendations may be revised as new information becomes available.
To view the draft guidance and to learn how to submit comments, visit:
Read the full newsletter here: Base Cleveland Veteran News – May 1 2019