June 30, 2019
Due to High Temps and Humidity City Outdoor Pools will be open Monday and Tuesday
The City of Cleveland reminds residents to stay cool and follow the safety reminders below during days like Monday and Tuesday when temperatures are expected to exceed 84 degrees with high humidity.
Tips for Staying Cool
City outdoor pools will open when temperatures reach 85 degrees and spray basins will open when the temperature reaches 80 degrees. Click here for a list of indoor and outdoor pool locations. Additional tips for staying safe in the heat:
- Stay hydrated! Drink plenty of water and avoid caffeine.
- Wear loose-fitting, light-colored clothes during hot weather.
- Cover your head with a hat and use sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun’s rays.
- Keep cool in the shade. If you don’t have air conditioning, visit cool areas like a family resource and recreation center or library on high heat days.
- Always check on friends and neighbors, especially those who are seniors or have young children. Click here to download the Department of Aging’s summer heat booklet for more senior tips.
- Keep an eye on pets! Make sure pets have access to plenty of shade and have plenty of water. Be careful when walking pets on asphalt, as sensitive pet paws can be burned on hot surfaces.
- Never leave children or pets alone in vehicles.
- Recognize the Signs of Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke
About the City of Cleveland
The City of Cleveland is committed to improving the quality of life of its residents by strengthening neighborhoods, delivering superior services, embracing diversity and making Cleveland a desirable, safe city in which to live, work, play, and do business. For more information on the City of Cleveland, visit online at www.city.cleveland.oh.us, Twitter at @cityofcleveland or Facebook at www.facebook.com/cityofcleveland.