Monday, July 15, 2019
Prepared and distributed to Veterans and supporters of those who served
SAVE THE DATE
- Ohio Women Vets Conference – All-Day Event on August 10 to Feature Many Distinguished Guests:
- 2019 Cleveland National Air Show dates released, featuring U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds: August 31 through September 2, 2019
- National Veterans Memorial & Museum in Columbus, Ohio
- Subscribe to the VA Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/subscribe/
- Cleveland Veterans Administration: calendar of events https://www.cleveland.va.gov/calendar.asp.
- Lest We Forget: https://lestweforgetsculpture.org/
- Harold Brown, one of the last Tuskegee Airmen, recalls battling for victory — and equality.
CATAWBA ISLAND TOWNSHIP, Ohio — While the controversy over whether transgender personnel can serve in the military rages on, there are a few people who experienced exclusion in the armed forces when it was more of a matter of black and white.
- Why Every Veteran Should Know What’s in Their Military Service Records
If military service records were relegated to some dusty Pentagon storage room for eternity – that would be one thing. But they aren’t.
- World War II Veteran Is Crossing the Country on Foot for Second Time
Three years ago, World War II veteran Ernie Andrus did what seemed like an impossible feat, and he’s ready to do it once again. As CNN reported, over the course of two years and 10 months, Andrus, who was 90 at the time, departed from Georgia and totaled 2,631 miles once he reached his destination of California in August 2016.
Read full newsletter here: Base Cleveland Veteran News – July 15 2019