Thursday, August 1, 2019
Prepared and distributed to Veterans and supporters of those who served
SAVE THE DATE
- Ohio Women Vets Conference – All-Day Event on August 10 to Feature Many Distinguished Guests:
Find out more by clicking on the Ohio Women Veterans Conference link.
Registration is required. To sign up online and for a complete listing of breakout sessions, speakers, social activities on Friday, August 9, and more information on the expo and purpose of the conference, go to OhioVets.gov.
The conference will provide resources and networking opportunities for sisters in military service of all eras from WWII to present-day Iraq and Afghanistan. Ohio is home to 67,000 women veterans.
- Columbus Clippers Salute Ohio Women Veterans-Women Vets Conference – Friday, August 9, 2019
- Army Night – Indians Game – Saturday, September 21
The link below is a ticket tracker that lists every seat to include section and row number should someone be interested in knowing exactly location of available seats.
** If interested please contact Maj. Timothy Jenkins at 216-778-0006 or by email at email@example.com.
- 2019 Cleveland National Air Show dates released, featuring U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds: August 31 through September 2, 2019
- National Veterans Memorial & Museum in Columbus, Ohio
- Subscribe to the VA Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/subscribe/
- Cleveland Veterans Administration: calendar of events:
- Lest We Forget
- New Location Identified for Youngstown VA Outpatient Clinic
A new location for the Youngstown VA Outpatient Clinic has been identified. VA will sign a $24,740,800, 20-year, lease agreement with Michael Downing Realty Limited to build and lease the property to be located at 1815 Belmont Ave., Youngstown, Ohio 44504.
- VA selects Belmont Avenue location for new Youngstown outpatient clinic
A new location for the Youngstown, Ohio Veterans Administration Outpatient Clinic has been selected.
While no new services will be provided at the new facility it will be larger and the VA says it will provide more personalized care and will focus on wellness and disease prevention.
- Iran denies US destroyed an Iranian drone near Persian Gulf
(The Associated Press) Iran on Friday denied President Donald Trump’s statement that a U.S. warship destroyed an Iranian drone near the Persian Gulf after it threatened the ship — an incident that marked a new escalation of tensions between the countries less than a month after Iran downed an American drone in the same waterway and Trump came close to retaliating with a military strike.
- Senate committee approves Esper and Milley to lead Pentagon, teeing up final vote
(Defense News) The Senate Armed Services Committee has approved President Donald Trump’s picks to the Pentagon’s top two spots: Army Secretary Mark Esper for defense secretary and Army Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Milley for the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Read the full newsletter here: Base Cleveland Veteran News – August 1 2019