Base Cleveland Veteran News
Teusday, October 1, 2019
Prepared and distributed to Veterans and supporters of those who served
SAVE THE DATE
- City of Cleveland Veterans Day Parade is Monday, November 11, 2019:
Ceremony begins in City Hall Rotunda at 11 a.m. and the 5th Annual Parade steps off in front of City Hall on Lakeside Avenue at 12:30 p.m.
For more information about the program, contact Tom Jenks at 216-409-6472 and if you wish to participate, contact Paul Tuggey at 216-952-2884.
- National Veterans Memorial & Museum in Columbus, Ohio
- Subscribe to the VA Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/subscribe/
- Cleveland Veterans Administration: calendar of events:
- Lest We Forget
1. Defense spending bill hits border wall in Senate
WASHINGTON — Senate Democrats on Wednesday blocked Republican plans to advance an appropriations package including $693 billion in defense spending for fiscal 2020, all but assuring that lawmakers will have to adopt a short-term budget extension in coming days to avoid a possible government shutdown.
2. Documents show Pentagon spent at least $184,000 at Trump’s Turnberry resort in Scotland
Documents show that the U.S. military has spent more than $184,000 at President Trump’s property in Scotland since August 2017, Democrats on the House Oversight and Reform Committee said in a letter to the Pentagon Wednesday.
3. Pentagon weighing move to send more troops to Middle East
Read the full newsletter here: Base Cleveland Veteran News – October 1 2019