Join in the excitement of the 2019 Cleveland Browns season as they host the Pittsburgh Steelers on Thursday, Nov. 14. In order to ensure that game goers have an enjoyable and safe experience, the City of Cleveland would like to remind fans of the following rules and regulations that will be in effect for game day.
For those planning to use the Municipal Parking Lot for the Cleveland Browns home game tonight:
- The eastern portion of the municipal lot will open at 2 p.m. for game-day vehicles while the western portion of the lot will not be open to game-day parking until 5 pm. No large vehicles (motorhomes, RVs, buses, etc.) will be allowed in the previously mentioned lots before the respective times.
- Security officers will be assigned to the lot to ensure that no vehicles attempt to enter prior to the designated times. The public is reminded that it is important to obey traffic laws and that no vehicles are permitted to park or stop on busy roadways.
- Consider taking the RTA to avoid traffic due to Cleveland Browns and Cleveland Cavaliers home games on Thursday night. View RTA routes here.
Municipal Parking Lot Tailgating Rules and Regulations:
The following is the full list of rules and regulations for tailgating activities in the municipal lot for all 2019 Cleveland Browns home games. Rules and regulations will be distributed to all vehicles upon entering the lot and will be posted on various signs.
- No open pit fires
- Propane grills only (No charcoal)
- No alcohol
- Saving spaces prohibited
- Attendees will be charged for all occupied parking spaces
- No in & out privileges
- All liter must be dispensed in trash containers
- Vandalism of any type will not be tolerated
- Crossing the Shoreway is prohibited
- No private latrines (portable latrines are available in the lot)
Violation of these regulations may result in fines and ejection from the premises. Additionally, below are answers to other common questions and information concerning tailgating activities in the Municipal Parking Lot:
- Lot Operation and Fees – On Nov. 14, the eastern portion of the lot will open at 2 p.m. for game-day vehicles while the western portion of the lot will not be open to game-day parking until 5 p.m. No large vehicles (motorhomes, RVs, buses, etc.) will be allowed in the previously mentioned lots before designated start times. The fee to park in the municipal lot is $25 dollars per parking space. Attendees will be charged for all occupied parking spaces. Cleveland Police will not permit vehicles to line-up or stage on the Shoreway before permitted entrance times.
- Alcohol and Safety – Open containers, consumption of alcohol, and public intoxication are all prohibited inside the Municipal Lot. For those who plan to consume alcohol during any sporting event, always ensure there is a designated driver. Please exercise caution at all times and “if you see something, please say something.”
- Sanitation – There will be 50 portable restrooms, 75 trash cans and 3 dumpsters in the lot during all regular season games. Please make sure all trash is disposed of properly before leaving any lot.
- Parking – Parking restrictions are put in place in downtown Cleveland for each Browns home football game – typically for three hours before each game and until two hours after the game’s completion. Look for signs attached to posts, poles and parking meters in those areas affected by the restrictions. Violators will be ticketed and towed if parked in violation. All associated fines and fees to have an automobile released must be done at the One Stop Vehicle Impound Center located at 3040 Quigley Rd.