The Cleveland Department of Public Health (CDPH) has been in contact with the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) regarding the second confirmed case from Chicago of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV). The individual traveled to Cleveland on Jan. 14, 2020.
ODH relayed to CDPH that the individual was here only for the duration of one day and was not symptomatic during thier stay.
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport has been taking extra precautions such as increased surface sanitizing and following CDC guidelines as the global situation develops.
The same steps the public can take to prevent the spread of flu and the common cold will also help prevent coronavirus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing