The 2021 City of Cleveland Division of Waste Bulk Pick-Up Calendar is available for download here.
In addition to bulk pick-up dates, the calendar includes information about proper waste set out. Here are some tips to make sure your waste collection is compliant with city set out guidelines:
- Rule of three: Remember that the limit for bulk pick-up is three items.
- Residents may leave out for collection items such as appliances, tables, chairs, mattress box springs, couches and furniture.
- All mattresses, box springs and cloth furniture must be wrapped in plastic.
- In addition to the three items, residents may leave out up to four tires.
- The City does not accept construction material.
- Boxes and loose bags are not bulk items.
- Carpet must be cut and rolled into 3-foot long pieces and must not exceed 40 pounds.
The Division of Waste also reminds residents of the following waste regulations:
- Only waste in officially issued City carts will be accepted, and loose trash or bags outside City roll carts will not be accepted.
- The following will be not be accepted in or outside of roll carts: construction materials, hazardous waste, bricks, dirt, concrete, cinder blocks, auto parts, loose metal items, medical waste or fluorescent tubes. No wet paint should be placed in roll carts. All paint cans should be dry before they are placed in roll carts.
- Do not place hot charcoal ashes in roll carts.
For further information regarding waste collection, please call the Division of Waste Collection at (216) 664-3711 or visit http://www.clevelandohio.gov.