Updated as of April 27, 2021:
City of Cleveland Held Press Conference Today Regarding the NFL Draft Safety
Mayor Frank G. Jackson, Public Safety Director Karrie Howard and Police Chief Calvin Williams held a press conference today regarding the 2021 NFL Draft. Commissioner of the Bureau of Traffic Gordon Holmes and Commander Michael Butler also joined them to discuss traffic changes and parking restrictions. Click here to view the press conference.
The City of Cleveland has also previously released several announcements and updates regarding the upcoming NFL Draft, such as road closures, parking restrictions, vendor zones and more. To view these updates, which are condensed into one post on the city’s blog, click here.
NFL Draft Road Closures & Parking Ban Information
The City of Cleveland announces road closures in preparation for the upcoming NFL Draft. Closures will start at 9 p.m. on Wednesday, April 28, 2021 and go through 6:30 a.m. on Sunday, May 2, 2021. Additionally, all construction in the Downtown Business District will be halted during this period. Parking ban information is also noted below.
- Rt. 2 west bound from I-90 westbound will be closed at Dead Man’s Curve (DMC).
- Anyone traveling into town from the east side is asked to use one of the other exits into the downtown area (Superior/St. Clair “exit 173C”, Chester “exit 173B”, or Prospect “exit 173A”).
- Eastbound I90 to westbound Route 2 will remain open throughout the event.
- Eastbound Route 2 will remain open throughout the event.
- Rt. 2 westbound exit to East 9th Street will be closed.
- Rt. 2 westbound exit to West 3rd Street will be closed (except for Emergency Vehicles/Port Traffic).
- The exits along Rt. 2 Eastbound into downtown will be closed (Lakeside/West 6th “exit 194”, East 9th “exit 195A”, and the Muni Lot exits “195B and 195C”).
- Traffic is also asked to use the other downtown exits.
- Both West and East Mall Drive will be closed throughout the event.
- East 9th from Lakeside to North Marginal will be closed.
- Access to Jones Day/Northpoint garages and Route 2 eastbound will be available from Lakeside Ave.
- West 3rd from just north of Route 2 overpass will be closed.
- Access (north and southbound) to Summit parking lots and County garage will available.
- The normal “Browns” parking restrictions will be used.
- All main streets from Lakeside to Superior, and East 12th to Old River Road.
- Parking restrictions will clearly state “NO PARKING TOW AWAY ZONE”
- The parking restriction hours will be as follows:
- 6:30 a.m. on Thursday, April 29, 2021 to 4 a.m. on Sunday, May 2, 2021
City of Cleveland Municipal (Muni) Parking Lot to Close April 27 – April 30
In preparation for the 2021 NFL Draft, the City of Cleveland Muni Lot will be closed for monthly and transient parking beginning Tuesday, April 27 through Friday, April 30. Customer parking will resume on Monday, May 3 after the event concludes.
Parking will be available in the Willard Park Garage located at 600 Lakeside Ave. (next to City Hall). Monthly parkers can present their Municipal parking pass to attendants to receive a ticket for free parking.
City of Cleveland Board of Control Issues Resolution for NFL Draft Vendors
As the City of Cleveland prepares to host the NFL Draft from April 29, 2021 – May 1, 2021 vendors should be advised of required regulations and Codified Ordinances within the City. Click here to read the resolution.
City of Cleveland Board of Control Defines Zones for NFL Draft Vendors
As the City of Cleveland prepares to host the NFL Draft from April 29, 2021 – May 1, 2021, vendors should be advised of required regulations and Codified Ordinances within the City. Click here to read the resolution.
In addition, the following vendor zone was identified in the attached. Click here for more info.