During the week of September 7, 2021, the City of Cleveland’s Residential Resurfacing will continue in Wards 4 and 6. Advance notice signs will be posted to advise the public of road improvements. The following projects will be scheduled and completed by the end of October 2021.
East 140th Street (Kinsman Avenue to Abell Avenue)
East 110th Street (Shaker Blvd to Woodland Avenue)
One lane of traffic will be available for local traffic for the duration of each project and no detours are expected. Access to all businesses, residences and side streets will maintain during construction. On-street parking will not be accessible during construction.
2021 Road Resurfacing Project Description:
- This work represents an investment of $12 million in the City’s Residential Roadways.
- With the completion of the Pavement Management Study in 2017 and the continued evaluation of the City’s roadway network, the City has a grading system that allows streets in the greatest need of resurfacing selected for repair. The City is using the ‘worst first’ approaches for road resurfacing.
- The City estimates it will resurface approximately 76 residential streets in 2021.
- The City will also be using the ‘fix-it-first” approach to restore a high pavement condition rating to streets that are fair condition.
- The City estimates it will employ this method on 11 residential streets.
Questions? Contact the City’s Administrative Manager, Cherita Anglen at (216) 420-7605.
*Editor’s Note: Road construction invariably presents hazards to the public. All travelers are urged to use caution in construction zones. Public safety and the safety of workers is a top priority.