The City of Cleveland today made the following announcements:
Phase 1 of the New Ground Transportation Center to Open on August 31, 2021
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) continues to invest in projects that are customer focused and that will help set the groundwork needed to prepare itself for the future. The opening of Phase 1 of the New Ground Transportation Center (GTC) is one of the key Master Plan enabling projects that will allow for CLE to be more accommodating and hospitable in welcoming the increase of passenger’s flying-into and departing from CLE.
Some of the key highlights of the new GTC include:
- Relocating the GTC to a new area to help reduce traffic congestion at the
passengers drop-off and pick-up locations
- A new covered waiting area to keep passengers safe from inclement weather
- New LED light and heating system that will keep passengers warm during the colder months of the year
- New wooden benches that are installed both in open and covered areas down each isles.
- Improved safety and efficiencies for the operators and passengers
- Designed to be fully handicapped accessible
With the opening of the new GTC, CLE continues to plan for the future by making this new location customer-friendly and accommodating for passengers.
City of Cleveland Statement Regarding Bomb Threat at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse
On August 29, 2021 at approximately 10:15 p.m., Cleveland Police received a call alleging a bomb threat at Rocket Mortgage Field House. Officers responded and conducted an investigation including a canine sweep and determined the venue to be safe. This matter remains under investigation. No arrests have been made.
Cleveland Division of Police Hiring Crossing Guards
The Cleveland Division of Police is accepting applications for school crossing guards by contacting Cleveland Police directly.
Duties include helping children safely cross streets to get to their public, parochial and charter schools for about one hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon. Compensation is $20.50 per day and employees are eligible for health care through the City of Cleveland.
Interested applicants may directly contact the Division of Police at (216) 623-5080.
Some employment requirements include:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to work the required hours on school days
- Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds (the weight of a small child)
- Must pass a background check
- Must pass a drug screening
Once an applicant is hired, there is a required orientation and training session that must be completed. Crossing Guards are also required to attend an annual paid in-service.