Mayor Frank G. Jackson is hosting his final State of the City address on Thursday, Oct. 7 at 5:30 p.m. at Cleveland Public Auditorium. Doors open at 4:30 p.m. Media are invited to attend and the City of Cleveland is providing the following information to assist reporters with event coverage:
- Please park television trucks on the east side of City Hall
- Please park small media vehicles/cars (except television trucks) in Willard Garage
- Only ADA parking will be permitted on Mall Drive and in front of the Convention Center (towing will be enforced for security purposes)
Media Staging Areas Outside Public Auditorium (map: https://bit.ly/2Vwo8gc)
- There are areas reserved specifically for media who wish to broadcast outside Public Auditorium. If you are interested in using these areas, please feel free to do so:
- The northwest corner of East 6th Street and Lakeside Avenue adjacent to the Federal Building
- East side of Public Auditorium front patio
- Front steps of City Hall
- Media covering State of the City may set up in the outside staging areas as early as 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 10. Designated public information officers will be available near these areas for support as needed.
Media Check-In Area Inside Public Auditorium:
- Please check-in and secure media passes inside Public Auditorium starting at 4 p.m. (prohibited items for all attendees: https://bit.ly/3ovAsO2
- Please set up broadcast equipment on the media risers no later than 5:15 p.m.
- Once the speech begins at 5:30 p.m., please remain on the media risers for the duration of the speech. We ask all attendees to limit walking during this time.
- Media may plug into the city’s live feed which will provide options for audio and audio/video streaming:
- XLR audio feed mult box
- Switched HD-SDI with embedded audio
- Print media may opt to use the tables and power strips reserved for your convenience
- Event footage will be distributed for download the day after the event
- On Friday, October 8 at 11 a.m., Mayor Jackson will host a virtual post-event media briefing to answer questions related to the State of the City. The mayor is unavailable for interviews immediately before or after the speech.
- To follow the State of the City conversation on social media, please use #CLESOTC21